Subject: [Healeys] Tri-carb balance tube hoses

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 17:09:54 -0400

--===============3281880365374283143==
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="2"><font face="Courier 10 Pitch">All,<br>
        <br>
        My tri-carb balance tube is connected to the intake manifolds
        with short (1-3/4"), 1" inside diameter, rubber hoses.  I have
        been using Gates 24016, a coolant hose.  It's not for oil/fuel
        transfer applications.  Is there a better choice?<br>
      </font></font>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.gates.com/us/en/search.p.4178-000000-000000.v.4178-01516.html">https://www.gates.com/us/en/search.p.4178-000000-000000.v.4178-01516.html</a>

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar</pre>
  </body>
</html>

--===============3281880365374283143==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============3281880365374283143==--

---

From: Bob Haskell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 16:38:16 -0400

--===============3531157322911022938==
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <font size="2"><font face="Courier 10 Pitch">I contacted Gates and
        they recommended Gates P/N 85947 (16RLAX25FT).  It is available
        from NAPA, but I had to get it from the local distribution
        center, the stores in the area don't seem to stock hydraulic
        hose.  I also checked with a shop that sells Parker hoses and
        was told that Parker no longer recommends any of their hoses for
        gasoline.<br>
        <br>
        I've not had much luck getting  nice straight even cuts with
        hose cutters.  Ended up slipping the hose over an aluminum rod
        chucked in the lathe and using a utility knife resting against
        the quick change tool post.  Used a center in the tail stock to
        keep the other end of the hose from flopping around.  Ran the
        lathe in reverse with the knife on top.  Cut easily.<br>
      </font></font>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar</pre>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/21/22 5:09 PM, Bob Haskell wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <font size="2"><font face="Courier 10 Pitch">All,<br>
          <br>
          My tri-carb balance tube is connected to the intake manifolds
          with short (1-3/4"), 1" inside diameter, rubber hoses.  I have
          been using Gates 24016, a coolant hose.  It's not for oil/fuel
          transfer applications.  Is there a better choice?<br>
        </font></font>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.gates.com/us/en/search.p.4178-000000-000000.v.4178-01516.html" moz-do-not-send="true">https://www.gates.com/us/en/search.p.4178-000000-000000.v.4178-01516.html</a>

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
Austin Healey 3000 BN7/BT7 registrar</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys">http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys">http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys</a>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys">http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--===============3531157322911022938==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3531157322911022938==--