Subject: [Healeys] Another O/D issue

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 22:33:29 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7352454496405231352==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0051_01D88107.F03CCBE0"
Content-Language: en-ca

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01D88107.F03CCBE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi listers, I am finding that my BT7 (i.e. sideshifter) is dropping out of
overdrive if I wiggle the shift lever to the left.  This is without doubt
opening the contact in the gearbox switch that only permits the O/D to
operate in 3rd and 4th thus causing the O/D to disengage.  Pushing the lever
to the right re-engages it. I do not recall any adjustment on the switch to
screw it in further, in fact I think it is a pipe thread and will only go in
so far.  I am not sure what part of the shift lever actually bears on the
end of the switch to engage it.  The workshop manual is not much help in
figuring it out.  Is it the switch or is it what ever it bears on when in
3rd or 4th?   I have not had the g'box cover off to look at it yet but
thought I'd ask the list if anyone had encountered this.  

Thoughts and ideas?

------=_NextPart_000_0051_01D88107.F03CCBE0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0cm;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
	margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi listers, I am finding that =
my BT7 (i.e. sideshifter) is dropping out of overdrive if I wiggle the =
shift lever to the left.&nbsp; This is without doubt opening the contact =
in the gearbox switch that only permits the O/D to operate in =
3<sup>rd</sup> and 4<sup>th</sup> thus causing the O/D to =
disengage.&nbsp; Pushing the lever to the right re-engages it. I do not =
recall any adjustment on the switch to screw it in further, in fact I =
think it is a pipe thread and will only go in so far. &nbsp;I am not =
sure what part of the shift lever actually bears on the end of the =
switch to engage it.&nbsp; The workshop manual is not much help in =
figuring it out.&nbsp; Is it the switch or is it what ever it bears on =
when in 3<sup>rd</sup> or 4<sup>th</sup>?&nbsp; &nbsp;I have not had the =
g&#8217;box cover off to look at it yet but thought I&#8217;d ask the =
list if anyone had encountered this.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thoughts and =
ideas?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0051_01D88107.F03CCBE0--

--===============7352454496405231352==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============7352454496405231352==--