Subject: [Healeys] Fuel pump / Ignition keys

From: Perry Small via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 14:35:43 -0400

My experience with shipping cars from or to Hawaii was that keys for all locked or lockable locations on the car be left with the check in office but not left inserted in the ignition. Has been 12 years since the last car was shipped but suspect it has not changed. If working properly the key can not be removed if the ignition switch in in the on position
Perry

Sent from my iPhone
_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 09:55:06 -0700

Perry - from my limited experience, it appears to vary by port and/or
logistics company. 

At LA/Long beach they had us drive into a loading bay area, took pictures,
then they drove the cars to the warehouse in the back. As such, we lost
control over the keys pretty much immediately. 

At Fredrikstad, Norway we drove them directly into the warehouse ourselves.
The instruction then was any car with a battery master switch was left with
the master switch 'off', boot lid open, and key in the boot lock.

----------------
All the best,

Al Fuller

-----Original Message-----
From: Healeys <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Perry Small via
Healeys
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2023 11:36 AM
To: Ahealey help <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel pump / Ignition keys

My experience with shipping cars from or to Hawaii was that keys for all
locked or lockable locations on the car be left with the check in office but
not left inserted in the ignition. Has been 12 years since the last car was
shipped but suspect it has not changed. If working properly the key can not
be removed if the ignition switch in in the on position Perry

Sent from my iPhone
$12.75

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys
http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked]

[email-masked]