Subject: [Healeys] Interview with assembly line worker

From: S and T Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 14:01:16 +0000

--===============6224095133886042502==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_PH7P221MB100759F225C311B856F9C51BD400APH7P221MB1007NAMP_"

--_000_PH7P221MB100759F225C311B856F9C51BD400APH7P221MB1007NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Great article.  I wish there was more detail about how the panels were "wir=
ed" to the body. I've always felt the concours cars should be painted as th=
ey were at the factory (primer showing in areas, minimal paint coverage are=
as, etc.).  I realize that for protection purposes most are painted inside =
and out with full coverage, but correct is correct.  I believe the doors we=
re mounted during painting, and I'd love to know more about how the bonnet =
and boot were wired to the body, or if they were wired up apart from the bo=
dy.

I know Geoff Chrysler did a nice job replicating the found undercoating bru=
sh strokes on his 100.

I'd love to paint my BN1 as "done at the factory". Maybe it's not known how=
 it was generally done, because I've read for example that some early cars =
have been found with black frames and white exteriors. And at the end of th=
e day they were in the business of selling cars, and cutting costs.

Shawn

--_000_PH7P221MB100759F225C311B856F9C51BD400APH7P221MB1007NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
</head>
<body>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
Great article.&nbsp; I wish there was more detail about how the panels were=
 &quot;wired&quot; to the body. I've always felt the concours cars should b=
e painted as they were at the factory (primer showing in areas, minimal pai=
nt coverage areas, etc.).&nbsp; I realize that for protection
 purposes most are painted inside and out with full coverage, but correct i=
s correct.&nbsp; I believe the doors were mounted during painting, and I'd =
love to know more about how the bonnet and boot were wired to the body, or =
if they were wired up apart from the
 body.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
I know Geoff Chrysler did a nice job replicating the found undercoating bru=
sh strokes on his 100.</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
I'd love to paint my BN1 as &quot;done at the factory&quot;. Maybe it's not=
 known how it was generally done, because I've read for example that some e=
arly cars have been found with black frames and white exteriors. And at the=
 end of the day they were in the business
 of selling cars, and cutting costs.&nbsp;</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; color: inherit; bac=
kground-color: transparent;">
Shawn</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_PH7P221MB100759F225C311B856F9C51BD400APH7P221MB1007NAMP_--

--===============6224095133886042502==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============6224095133886042502==--