Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Pistons

From: Roger Grace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2025 16:28:33 -0700

--===============4465292815161245938==

--00000000000059c3290630ce812c

I have to replace the pistons on my BJ8 that is being rebuilt.
Wondering if others have any suggestions about the merits of forged pistons
vs regular cast ones.

Wossner from AH spares
or
Omega from Denis Welch.

Both are 3 ring vs 5 ring for the cast ones, and more that 2x price of
regular cast ones.
So my question is are they worth the significant extra $. Apart from
increased strength what are the benefits ? Less friction and less heat ?
Anyone with experience using them. Maybe better to spend on other upgrades.
Comments appreciated.
Tkx
rg

--00000000000059c3290630ce812c
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I have to replace the pistons on my BJ8 that is being=
 rebuilt.</div><div>Wondering if others have any suggestions about the meri=
ts of forged pistons vs regular cast ones.</div><div>=C2=A0 <br></div><div>=
Wossner from AH spares</div><div>or</div><div>Omega from Denis Welch.</div>=
<div><br></div><div>Both are 3 ring vs 5 ring for the cast ones, and more t=
hat 2x price of regular cast ones.</div><div>So my question is are they wor=
th the significant extra $. Apart from increased strength what are the bene=
fits ? Less friction and less heat ?</div><div>Anyone with experience using=
 them. Maybe better to spend on other upgrades.</div><div>Comments apprecia=
ted.</div><div>Tkx</div><div>rg</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>

--00000000000059c3290630ce812c--

--===============4465292815161245938==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============4465292815161245938==--