Subject: [Healeys] Lucas Reflectors

From: Michael Salter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 11:15:05 -0400

--===============0382629959118115946==

--000000000000969820062ffe70ac

--000000000000969820062ffe70ab

I'm working on a Concours Guidelines update about reflectors and would
appreciate some help.
I  have these 3 examples.

1. This type has a grooved rubber back allowing it to be inserted into a
hole in the plinth pressed into the rear shroud of earlier 6 cylinder cars.
2. This is a type that I don't know about.  It appears to require an outer
lens (probably the colical type) BUT it has a 10/32 thread sticking out the
back such as the later 100 type did.
3. This type has the same back side as #1 but the front looks to me to be
of the type fitted to the plinth on the later 100's.

I suspect that #s 2 and 3 are not Healey but am open to being corrected.

M

--000000000000969820062ffe70ab
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"auto"><img src=3D"cid:ii_1958093594fe034fa951" style=3D"max-wid=
th: 100%; height: auto;"><br><img src=3D"cid:ii_195809bba1bf1b4b14f2" style=
=3D"max-width: 100%; height: auto;"><br><br><div dir=3D"auto">I&#39;m worki=
ng on a Concours Guidelines update about reflectors and would appreciate so=
me help.<div dir=3D"auto">I=C2=A0 have these 3 examples.=C2=A0</div><div di=
r=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">1. This type has a grooved rubber ba=
ck allowing it to be inserted into a hole in the plinth pressed into the re=
ar shroud of earlier 6 cylinder cars.</div><div dir=3D"auto">2. This is a t=
ype that I don&#39;t know about.=C2=A0 It appears to require an outer lens =
(probably the colical type) BUT it has a 10/32 thread sticking out the back=
 such as the later 100 type did.</div><div dir=3D"auto">3. This type has th=
e same back side as #1 but the front looks to me to be of the type fitted t=
o the plinth on the later 100&#39;s.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div =
dir=3D"auto">I suspect that #s 2 and 3 are not Healey but am open to being =
corrected.</div><div dir=3D"auto"><br></div><div dir=3D"auto">M</div></div>=
</div>

--000000000000969820062ffe70ab--

--000000000000969820062ffe70ac
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="20250310_105947.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_1958093594fe034fa951>

--000000000000969820062ffe70ac
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="20250310_111001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <ii_195809bba1bf1b4b14f2>

--000000000000969820062ffe70ac--

--===============0382629959118115946==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============0382629959118115946==--

---

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 18:12:07 +0000 rZJNSsjtt8KRQKO1pUqDkafufnSoTca2gytfsf/X22Ge2eQ+T42Ang/BEYtajYOEoOEV/4ZuvkG4caSC39i5bvu6Dxg2d3fe7E4b4lXZNwhoAwO+2ajzxOjG

----_NmP-b9cce9536e1009c7-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>Lets not forget <span style=3D"text-decoration: underline;">Dagmar.=
</span>..only found on the early 100-6 and named for her "pointy"<br>shape.=
 Also, I believe some lenses (European) were orange rather than red. There =
were a few repro styles but Lucas did not make the style for the 100 BN2 =
(see sheet attached) Probably a Wilmot Breeden issue. =
Hank--------------------&nbsp;<br><br>From: "Michael Salter" =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
<br>Sent: March 10, 2025 at 8:32 AM PDT <br>Subject: [Healeys] Lucas =
Reflectors </div>
<div><img style=3D"max-width: 100%; height: auto;" =
src=3D"data:image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4QRvRXhpZgAATU0AKgAAAAgADgEDAAMAAAABAAYAA=
AAAKEK+gMAABMAAAAAAKEL5wMAAIEDAAAAAKELZgAAAGYAAAA8AAAAU0VGVA=3D=3D"><br><im=
g style=3D"max-width: 100%; height: auto;" src=3D"data:image/jpeg;base64,=
AAAZgAAADwAAABTRUZU"><br><br>
<div>I'm working on a Concours Guidelines =
update about reflectors and would appreciate some help.
<div>I&nbsp; have these 3 examples.&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>1. This type has a grooved rubber back allowing it to be inserted into=
 a hole in the plinth pressed into the rear shroud of earlier 6 cylinder =
cars.</div>
<div>2. This is a type that I don't know about.&nbsp; It =
appears to require an outer lens (probably the colical type) BUT it has a =
10/32 thread sticking out the back such as the later 100 type did.</div>
<div>3. This type has the same back side as #1 but the front looks to me to=
 be of the type fitted to the plinth on the later 100's.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I suspect that #s 2 and 3 are not Healey but am open=
 to being corrected.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>M</div>
</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
----_NmP-b9cce9536e1009c7-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="rear refl.JPG"

----_NmP-b9cce9536e1009c7-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=scan0218.pdf

----_NmP-b9cce9536e1009c7-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

----_NmP-b9cce9536e1009c7-Part_1--

---

From: Hank Leach via Healeys <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2025 19:55:34 +0000 /CA1JFXU0nMlRowAocQxexUwLvc1/4P/pv8x/6Tv/c0nFuy8OGENNxWSmDe9Raj61qHemsu+eGM69gnvYTOBHNYkix58XNjvW/C6yF9pc9b85PNvvFKu3fTv 8zY62hA+9KXLltZa/tKXsA==

----_NmP-c3bd54bfc458cd1e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div>According to Clausager the pods were added in August 1954&nbsp; (photo=
 from <em>Original Austin-Healey</em>) on the home market requirement.=
&nbsp; Piggott states in <em>100 in Detail</em> that they we required in =
the UK as of October 1954. So the early pods, found on BN1 cars are exactly=
 the same as on the BN2? Not sure. Hank<br>-------------------- =
<br><br>From: "Bob Haskell" &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br>To: "Bob =
Spidell" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, &lt;[email-masked]&gt; =
<br>Sent: March 10, 2025 at 12:16 PM PDT <br>Subject: Re: [Healeys] Lucas =
Reflectors <br>Bob,<br>Probably from Craig Rice, a retired Allison Gas =
Turbine jet engine engineer. Bob Haskell Austin-Healey 3000 roadster =
registrar On 3/10/25 12:11, Bob Spidell via Healeys wrote: &gt; #3 looks =
very similar to the ones I acquired for my BN2. I got them &gt; from a =
former jet engine engineer for Pratt &amp; Whitney who made a small &gt; =
batch as a retirement project, who claimed to have researched them &gt; =
thoroughly. He constructed them from spun brass with 'proper' chrome &gt; =
plating (copper-&gt;nickel-&gt;chrome). I have no idea where he acquired =
the &gt; lenses, but IIRC--and the Moss catalog shows--they were attached =
to &gt; the plinths with 10-32 screws. The rubber pads I got from David =
Nock &gt; at BCS who had a batch made since the "usual suspects'" offerings=
 were &gt; not up-to-snuff. &gt; &gt; Bob &gt; &gt; &gt; On 3/10/2025 8:15 =
AM, Michael Salter wrote: &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; I'm working =
on a Concours Guidelines update about reflectors and &gt;&gt; would =
appreciate some help. &gt;&gt; I&nbsp; have these 3 examples. &gt;&gt; =
&gt;&gt; 1. This type has a grooved rubber back allowing it to be inserted =
&gt;&gt; into a hole in the plinth pressed into the rear shroud of earlier =
6 &gt;&gt; cylinder cars. &gt;&gt; 2. This is a type that I don't know =
about.&nbsp; It appears to require an &gt;&gt; outer lens (probably the =
colical type) BUT it has a 10/32 thread &gt;&gt; sticking out the back such=
 as the later 100 type did. &gt;&gt; 3. This type has the same back side as=
 #1 but the front looks to me &gt;&gt; to be of the type fitted to the =
plinth on the later 100's. &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; I suspect that #s 2 and 3 are =
not Healey but am open to being corrected. &gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; M &gt;&gt; =
&gt; &gt; _______________________________________________ &gt; Support Team=
.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html &gt; Suggested annual donation $12.75 =
&gt; &gt; Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.=
net/archive/healeys &gt; &gt; [email-masked] &gt; http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys &gt; &gt; Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/healeys/[email-masked] &gt; =
_______________________________________________ Support Team.Net http://www=
.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation $12.75 Archive: http://www.=
team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys =
[email-masked] http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys =
harter.net</div>
----_NmP-c3bd54bfc458cd1e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="s-l64(1).jpg"

----_NmP-c3bd54bfc458cd1e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="finish paint.JPG"

----_NmP-c3bd54bfc458cd1e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Pod lamps.jpg"

----_NmP-c3bd54bfc458cd1e-Part_1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

----_NmP-c3bd54bfc458cd1e-Part_1--