Subject: [Healeys] Adjusting the Steering Box

From: Harold Manifold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2026 08:43:23 -0700

--===============1209094016137537648==

--000000000000cdf3cb06549d27e3

Hi,

I adjusted the lash in the steering gear box yesterday. While I eventually
completed the job, I found the process quite frustrating. It was nearly
impossible to find a wrench or socket that fit the 3/8" Whitworth retaining
nut while simultaneously turning the adjusting screw.

Is there a specific trick, technique, or specialized tool that makes this
adjustment easier?

Best regards,

Harold

--000000000000cdf3cb06549d27e3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Hi,</div><div><br></div><div>I adjusted the lash in t=
he steering gear box yesterday. While I eventually completed the job, I fou=
nd the process quite frustrating. It was nearly impossible to find a wrench=
 or socket that fit the 3/8&quot; Whitworth retaining nut while simultaneou=
sly turning the adjusting screw.</div><div><br></div><div>Is there a specif=
ic trick, technique, or specialized tool that makes this adjustment easier?=
</div><div><br></div><div>Best regards,</div><div><br></div><div>Harold</di=
v></div>

--000000000000cdf3cb06549d27e3--

--===============1209094016137537648==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/healeys http://autox.team.net/archive/healeys

[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/healeys

--===============1209094016137537648==--