Subject: [TR] The former Social Club

From: JOHN MACARTNEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2026 13:40:43 +0000 RUJmdsf60ubRjx7AFENK4NytRaP0BOUPAP8eQn/ncKd+WfQC9a5qgM/2X7YcVc4HfcrEWwaoUidz aUgu4lxrXNj7eP+x/Z/7FmqhXRYEJYjW3BNuDxtyAsRe117OW9xIXjSOldluYqn060HFt8fPm9zp ljooR56qkfizILQ6dOZX0NRA6xtYcgIcYvlJsE54x/DMaHXq/HyAXgcPzJ28viNZDJ1+CeBWyfyU VgEfUJ0BSgzqmU89PCehPc6U5q5y5vYQKUBlVwcP7FyAUEOcFrNDKOBwhwzcBReeHJGApcwqD44d pjkRwQeJYVq

--===============1550733501920762397==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: 'verdana'; font-size: 12px; color: #=
000;"><span style=3D"background-color: #ffffff;">Further to my earlier post=
 of today regarding the above, if you go to our friend Google and type in <=
strong>Standard-Triumph Social Club</strong> and hit either <strong>ALL</st=
rong> and/or <strong>IMAGES,</strong> you'll be able to visit the current c=
lub's website and see a lot of pictures too=2E I still feel the building ha=
s outgrown its usefulness and I also have a feeling, it has fallen on hard =
financial times which explains why it's closing=2E Really piddles me off wi=
th people referring to that place and the rest of the former site as the Tr=
iumph factory=2E It only became triumph in 1973 until production ceased in =
the early eighties=2E From 1919 until 1973 it was the Standard Motor Compan=
y and all of us who worked there knew it as such and still refer to it that=
 way=2E If you ask any Coventrian where to find the Triumph factory, you'll=
 get pointed to the former Priory Street facility which was flattened by th=
e German airforce in November 1940 and is now (mostly) under the Chapel of =
Unity of the city's new Cathedral=2E Rant off=2E</span></div>
<div style=3D"font-family: 'verdana'; font-size: 12px; color: #000;"><span=
 style=3D"background-color: #ffffff;">&nbsp;</span></div>
<div style=3D"font-family: 'verdana'; font-size: 12px; color: #000;"><span=
 style=3D"background-color: #ffffff;">Jonmac</span></div></body></html>

--===============1550733501920762397==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/triumphs  http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1550733501920762397==--